The Superior Court of Santa Barbara County offers free help to those without an attorney. We help with a variety of basic legal issues and types of cases, including family law, civil and some probate matters.
• Domestic Violence Restraining Order
• Civil Harassment Restraining Order
• Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse Restraining Order
• Divorce or Legal Separation
• Summary Dissolution
• Spousal Support
• Unlawful Detainer
• Unmarried Parents: Establishing Parentage
• Child Custody and Visitation
• Child Support
• Guardianship of Children
Our Probate Self-Help pages help you handle property transfers at death, plan for estate management, and much more. Probate cases can be about.
Exercise your rights to resolve a dispute. (link to the Small Claims division page)
Resolve your citations online or by phone.
- Name / Gender Change
- List of Community Resources (for emergency help, counseling, anger management, legal help, parenting classes, etc.)
- Family Law Facilitator
- Family Court Services
- Legal Resource Center
- PEACE Parenting Class
- Probate Facilitator