Get help to ask for or respond to actions for child support.
- Understand when child support is owed and how is it calculated
- Understand the process for getting or changing child support orders
- Free fillable forms: Ask for child support | California Courts | Self Help Guide
- Guide and File (free online forms assistance): Start a New Filing Interview (tylertech.cloud)
- Law Help Interactive (SHARP Courts' free online forms assistance: Online Resources | Superior Court of California | County of Butte
The Family Law Facilitator is a court attorney who helps people without an attorney to better represent themselves in family law matters, including child support. All services are free.
The Santa Barbara Office of the Family Law Facilitator offers free mediation of child and/or spousal support issues for cases in the Santa Barbara County Superior Court. Services are offered by appointment on Zoom. Call (805) 882-4660 for more information.
Scroll down to Local Rule 1419 which applies when going to court for child support, spousal support and/or attorney's fees.
Local Rule 1419 requires the exchange of additional financial documents. Complete, serve and file these forms:
The Department of Child Support Services helps parents to:
- Establish the parentage of children,
- Establish health insurance for children, and
- Establish, collect and modify child support as requested.