Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Court Reporters

Court Reporters

It is the policy of the Superior Court that all courtrooms normally have official reporting services available for civil trials. In limited jurisdiction cases "official reporting services" also include electronic recording equipment operated by the court to make the verbatim record of the proceedings.

Parties and Counsel are required to provide at least forty-eight (48) hours notice (to the Courts' Calendar Management unit) special Verbatim Reporting in order to insure that these services may be arranged by the Court on a timely basis.

If it appears that official reporting services will not be available in a courtroom, the clerk shall notify the parties to a civil trial before trial. If official reporting services will not be available during a hearing on law and motion or other nontrial matters in civil cases, that fact shall be noted on the court's official calendar.

If official reporting services are not available for a hearing or trial in a civil case, a party may arrange for a certified shorthand reporter to serve as an official pro tempore reporter. It is that party's responsibility to pay the reporter's fee for attendance at the proceedings, but the expense may be recoverable as part of the costs, as provided by law.

If a party arranges and pays for the attendance of a certified shorthand reporter at a hearing in a civil case because of the unavailability of official reporting services, none of the parties shall be charged the fee for official reporting services provided for in Rule 1006.

The Superior Court does not provide official reporting services for minor infractions and misdemeanor cases.

Was this helpful?